Let us manage your investment property whether it be a house, condominium, or duplex and we will keep it rented FULL TIME for you. Our fees range from 10-11% of the monthly rent collected and are deducted on a monthly basis; we don’t get paid unless your property is rented. We have hundreds of satisfied Property Owners and will gladly furnish references upon request. Complete the request for information box for a free no-obligation consultation.
So why do you need property management?
Managing rental properties can become quickly overwhelming. There is always something going on that requires attention and it takes very little time for things to get out of hand. It takes a special kind of person to deal with the ups and downs of property management.
Behind the seemingly simple task of collecting rent every month lie a number of unpredictable problems that can push people to their limits. When an emergency happens at your property you can’t ignore it. Your special event, an important meeting, vacation, or personal crisis doesn’t relieve you of your obligation to your tenant, These emergencies don’t happen all the time, but when they do you have to be willing to handle them immediately. Finding reliable handymen and contractors can take a while and in the meantime, you may unknowingly hire people that are unethical, uninsured, do poor quality work, or overcharge. Ensuring the property is run in accordance with the law is critical in both preventing lawsuits and shielding yourself from liability if you are sued. Familiarity with contracts is also very important as your rental agreement is the only binding agreement between you and the tenant. There is a multitude of applicable laws and regulations to abide by when renting and maintaining your rental property. These include local, state, and federal regulations, as well as fair housing regulations (such as the ADA).
How quickly would you be able to get the unit rented? Advertising, fielding calls, and showing the unit can take a considerable amount of time but are critical tasks as vacancies will quickly eat into your profit margins. Tenant screening can be a complex process that can end in discrimination lawsuits if you don’t follow the law. We understand the risks associated with renting your home and know how time-consuming the process can be. These are just a few things to consider.
Ultimately, there are several benefits in having a quality management company on your side, and choosing the right one is key.
A little about us and what we do: Our management concept is founded on professionalism, integrity, accountability, and quality service that guarantees the maximum return from your investment while maintaining your property at the highest standards to attract the best tenants possible.
Below is an example of some of the services that are included in full management:
- We evaluate the property and determine an accurate rental rate. We offer recommendations that maximize rent and result in quick tenant placement.
- We help prepare the home by coordinating any repairs, cosmetic improvements, cleaning, and landscaping. Our goal is to get qualified “QUALITY” tenants, as quickly as possible.
- We create ads tailored to the property, provide professional marketing and advertising thru several advertising mediums.
- We respond to all inquiries promptly and meet prospective tenants for showings. Our professional screening process includes background checks, credit history screening, rental history evaluation, and employment verification.
- Our leases are drafted by a highly reputable Real Estate attorney, who is also available shall we need any legal advice or guidance.
- We collect all fees and deposits, review lease guidelines with tenants and ensure all agreements are properly executed.
- We perform a detailed PRE and POST occupancy inspection, which include photos and an online report. This ensures that we keep track of the condition your property is in a move in and move out.
- We are available 24hrs/days 7 days/week for any emergency or maintenance issue. We provide a network of licensed, bonded, and fully insured contractors that are verified and available.
- We provide full property supervision, including drive-by inspection, and address any violations that may occur, including HOA violations that we are made aware of.
- We handle all rent collection, including the delivery of legal notices for nonpayment. Additionally, if there is ever a time that, despite our careful screening, we must evict a tenant, our attorney will handle the eviction process for us at no extra cost to you. What other company does that?
- We provide online portal access for both owners and tenants, For your convenience, we provide direct deposit, easy-to-read monthly cash-flow statements, and annual reporting required tax documents including a 1099 form.
- We handle and coordinate yearly renewals, which include renewal inspections, updated price analysis, updated photos, and a newly executed lease at a discounted price.
- We handle the move-out process from start to finish. We conduct a move-out inspection and ensure the property is back to “move-in ready” condition so we can re-market the property. We handle the security deposit claim ethically and accordingly while adhering to FL statutes and laws. We make sure you are well informed thru the process and forward you any portion of the tenant’s deposit that applies.
- Most importantly we understand and abide by the latest local, state, and federal legislation that applies to renting and maintaining rental properties.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Following are the most common questions asked by prospective new clients. Perhaps by reading these answers you might find our information you did not know to ask!
How will you find tenants for my house? How long will it take?
Your home will immediately be put on our list of available properties. It will also be put on our web page at www.realestateserv.com, several other websites and on the Multiple Listings Service.
Do you collect the first and last months’ rent?
We collect the first month’s rent plus a security deposit. The property is automatic — professionally cleaned and repairs are made between each tenant as needed. The cleaning and any tenant-related damages are withheld from the Security Deposit. Repairs not due to tenant damage are an owner’s expense.
Can I say that I do not want any pets or smokers in the house? How about children?
Pets and smokers are definitely not protected, classes. However, by eliminating both you are probably eliminating 80% of the people in the market for a rental house! We advertise all properties to be “non-smoking” which means no smoking inside. Weé encourages our clients to be open to the idea of pets, with the owner’s approval. Pet rent of $25.00 per month per pet is the charge. However, if you feel very strongly about this issue, we will agree not to rent your property to anyone with a pet.
Children come under the protected class of “familial status” and it is not possible to discriminate in this way.
What happens if the tenant does not pay rent on time?
The rent is due on the first of each month and considered late after the third. More than 95% of the tenants pay their rent by the third of the month. If not paid by the third of the month, a 3-day notice will be served.
Should the tenants leave the property owing more than is covered by the security deposit, they will be billed. If they do not pay, it will be turned over to a collection agency. Any funds received by a collection agency are subject to the agency’s fees. All remaining funds are forwarded to the owner per the contract.
Why Choose the Real Estates Services of Palm Coast?
1. Take advantage of our reputation
Real Estate Services of Palm Coast began in Palm Coast over 30 years ago as a small family-owned business with 2 licensed professionals and 25 rental properties. Today, we have 11 full-time licensed professionals and an office staff of 3 with over 150 rental properties.
2. Get the most out of marketing
textIn addition to our company website, www.realestateserv.com, our properties are advertised on reputable real estate sites such as Realtor.com, Zillow.com, Trulia.com, and many more! p>
3. Our comprehensive screening process
We believe in leaving things to professionals. For this reason, we employ a third-party company that is known nationwide for its services. They will screen for credit, rental, history, income, and criminal background in all 50 states. We only approve the most qualified tenants.
4. Our lease protects you
Just as we entrust professionals to screen your tenants, we only trust a professional to draft the lease.
Real Estate Services of Palm Coast retains a highly reputable real estate attorney to draft leases and advise on all issues before they become a legal problem. Additionally, we EVICT should the circumstances call for it and you do not pay any additional funds nor do you ever step foot in the courthouse. WHAT OTHER MANAGEMENT COMPANY DOES THAT?
5. We coordinate all maintenance with zero monetary influence
In the event that a repair needs to be made, we will contact the appropriate vendors to remedy the problem. We only use vendors who can prove that they are licensed and insured monthly. We have no affiliation with the contractors and receive no monetary compensation for repairs or maintenance done.
6. We staff on-call personnel 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
At Real Estate Services of Palm Coast, we have on-call staff around the clock. Should an emergency arise at your property, the tenants have someone to report to immediately so the situation can be resolved quickly and damage to your property can be minimized.
7. We are available
We strive to make ourselves readily available to both owners and tenants. Your property manager isn’t the only one who can help you. Our office is open 6 days a week so you will always be able to contact one of our staff.
8. We use professional accountants
All funds that go through our company are recorded and tracked. Once rent is paid, we will pay any maintenance bills for you if applicable, and either deposit your money into your checking account or mail you a check…whichever you prefer. Also, you will receive a statement monthly that clearly displays what was taken in and what was paid out, At the of the year you will receive a 1099 and a summarized statement so you have all of the information you need to file your taxes correctly.
9. We stay up to date
At Real Estate Services of Palm Coast, we strive to keep up with the ever-changing technology. Not only do we offer a state-of-the-art website at www.realestateserv.com, we have owner and tenant portals. Your portal will allow you to view and print statements as well as contact your property manager. The tenant’s portal allows them to contact their manager easily and most importantly, the option to PAY RENT online. We make it as easy as possible for tenants to submit a rental payment which helps us ensure you get paid.
10. Our goal
Our goal is to not only keep your home occupied but also to protect its value. After all, a home is one of the biggest investments, a person can make.
Preparing a House for Rent…
Before showing a house: When potential renters look at the property, small details can make strong first impressions. There’s only one chance for a good first impression. Try some of these ideas while preparing a house for the best first impression possible.
- Safety First: Remove items that could cause visitors to stumble, trip, or become injured in any way. Inspect the house from top to bottom. Correct any potential hazard.
- Fix-up: Small repairs could make the difference. It is easier to show how beautiful a home IS than to ask a potential renter to imagine how it COULD look after simple repairs are made. A small amount of time and money invested in “sprucing-up” can pay off. A loose doorknob or leaky faucet can make potential renters wonder about other repairs, and cause them to look harder for problems. Also, many minor repairs can be done ahead of time and at savings from hiring a professional later on.
- Clean-up: How does the driveway look? First impressions start with “curb appeal” and continue as the potential tenants walk thru the house. Keep the lawn cut and edged, leaves raked, shrubs trimmed. Check everywhere for odors, and remember to change the air conditioning filter often.
- Kitchens and Bathrooms are very important: Potential renters judge how the entire house is maintained, by the condition of the bathrooms and kitchen. A bit of extra scrubbing and caulking here can go a long way to helping rent the property.
Following please find a brief outline of our property management services:
- Advertise property for rent in Flagler County Pennysaver
- Advertise property for rent in our office picture window
- Advertise property for rent on our website at www.realestatesery.com Advertise property for rent on www.realtor.com, www.trulia.com, www.zillow.com etc.
- Advertise property for rent in the Flagler County Multiple Listing Service
- A place for rent sign on property (where permitted)
- Show property to prospective tenants
- Process application and run full credit check & background with no fee to you Prepare residential lease
- Collect and maintain security deposit, equal to 1 4 months rent, in a non-interest bearing escrow account
- Collect monthly rent, issue you monthly owner statements and corporate checks no later than the 10″ of every month
- Issue year-end expense reports and 1099 miscellaneous income forms.
- Monitor property with a monthly exterior drive by Negotiate lease renewals and perform annual interior inspections
- Supervise any necessary repair work, Generally, we authorize any repairs up to $200.00. Anything over that we contact you for approval prior to any work being done.
- Register the property as a rental with the City of Palm Coast in accordance with city ordinances (where required)
- Our fee is 11% of the monthly rent collected and is deducted on a monthly basis; we don’t get paid unless your property is rented.
- Should a cooperating agent be involved in securing a qualified tenant for your property, they will receive a referral fee of 10%, in addition to our standard 11%, for a total of a 21% deduction for the FIRST MONTH ONLY.